Are you determined to play an active role in the war against climate change? If so, you can’t afford to bury your head in the sand when it comes to this all-important endeavor. No matter who you are, where you live, or what you do for a living, you can become an eco-warrior. You just need to make a few crucial changes to the way in which you live your day-to-day life!
But what is the very best place to start your green venture? Your humble abode, of course. Here are three home improvements you can make to be more eco-friendly:
Invest in renewable energy
If you’re serious about playing your part in the fight against global warming, you simply must invest in renewable energy. The way in which you power your household will have a profound effect on your ability to call yourself an eco-warrior, which is why you must find an energy source that doesn’t drain the earth’s resources.
Fear not, thanks to the plethora of technological advances in recent years, renewable energy is now incredibly easy to source and invest in. Here are just seven ways you can power your home with green energy:
1. Solar power.
2. Hydroelectric systems.
3. Renewables-backed electricity supply.
4. Solar heating.
5. Wind energy.
6. Biomass systems.
7. Air source heat pumps.
Small yet significant changes you can make
After putting the above advice into practice, you can be forgiven for thinking that your eco-friendly endeavor is over and that your challenge has been completed. You should know, however, that being green is a task that never ends. There’s always more than you can do within your home to reduce your carbon footprint, and don’t you ever forget it!
Some small yet significant eco-friendly changes you can make to your home include:
- Having new windows fitted by window manufacturers that only ever use eco-friendly solutions such as recycled aluminum.
- Cleaning your home using products that contain sustainable ingredients.
- Switching to the use of eco-friendly toilet paper.
- Using shampoo solutions that are created using non-synthetic ingredients.
Switch your heating source
- Powering your home with renewable energy is only half the battle. If you truly want to be declared an eco-warrior, you also need to tweak your heating source. By making just a few small changes in this instance, you could end up lowering your carbon footprint considerably.
- When looking for a green heating source, don’t be too quick to dismiss the important role that boilers continue to play. Depending on the size of your home and how much heat you need to generate, there will always be eco-friendly options made available to you when you invest in this type of heating device. Whether you opt for a gas boiler, an oil boiler, an electric boiler, or a biomass boiler, you will always be afforded the opportunity to heat your home in an eco-friendly manner.
Put the above advice into practice, and you’ll be sure to reduce your home’s carbon footprint in no time.