As the seasons change it’s always nice to give your home interior a bit of an update, as we leave behind the summer tones and head into warmer, cosier designs. You find yourself spending more time indoors over winter which means it’s a good idea to give your interiors a bit of a life, but without spending lots. This Autumn/Winter My Voucher Codes have put together their trend predictions for the next seasons and tips on how to get the designer interior look without spending lots of money.
This season colour trends you want to be looking at dark moody colours such as shades of grey, dark rich blues and natural tones. Look at painting feature walls to make a statement, or if you’re brave why not try and paint your room all a dark colour for a warm and inviting space.
Against dark and natural background, pops of colour are a great way to make a bold statement. With accent walls, bright furniture, throws and cushions and ornaments. Little additions won’t break the bank.
Who needs new furniture when there are lots of fabulous antique pieces ready to be upcycled? Make use of new and intriguing colour ranges now available for furniture, a tired old pine dresser can easily be given a lick of paint and made into something new and fabulous for your house.
Following on from upcycling is the increased interest in retro technology as home design accents, such as vinyl players, typewriters and retro games consoles. However you can also buy new technology in retro styles if you maybe want something cutting edge but still with great classic style.
Money saving tips
- Use an online paint calculator to make sure you have enough for the room and a bit left over
- Store any leftover paint in a cool dry place with the lid firmly in place so use again
- Make your own quilts, using leftover material or clothing that can make great family memories
- Check out local auctions or car boot sales for older furniture to repurpose, or online auction listing sites and Facebook pages.
- Buy new technology for your home during sale periods such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday and before major sporting events.
- Look in your loft, any old decorations you can repurpose or sell?
You can read more details here.